Investing in a Growing Economy
- Through the Business Growth Agenda to keep building a sustainable growing economy.
$373 million investment to help diversify the economy and support more jobs and higher wages, including:
- $ 81.9 million for the Endeavour research fund.
- $ 74.6 million for Callaghan Innovation R & D Grants.
- $ 69.3 million for increased tertiary subsidies.
- $ 52.5 million for university research funds (PBRF).
Trade Agenda 2030
$134 million to forge new and better trade opportunities to increase the standard of living of New Zealanders.
$61 million towards a new $102 million tourism infrastructure fund for regional New Zealand. $86 million for DOC tourism infrastructure around New Zealand.
$81 million for predator control programmes, protecting our fisheries and investment in new water storage.
$222 million over four years plus $18 million in 2016/17 for the International Screen Production Grant to make more international movies in New Zealand.
$64 million brought forward for the domestic screen grant.
$93 million for developing Māori tourism, Māori housing and social initiatives, Whānau Ora extensions, and supporting and sustaining the use of te reo.