Skip to main content
Back to Top
$392 million investment for new schools and classrooms.
- Six new schools, including four in Auckland.
- Expanding two further schools to meet demand.
- 11 special education satellite units and rebuilding two new special education schools in Auckland.
- 305 new classrooms nationwide, with 170 in Auckland.
- Supported by $26 million of land purchases and $19 million of
furniture and fittings.
Over the next four years, an investment of more than $4.85 billion for Education, including:
- $351 million in Christchurch, including the redevelopment of Linwood College, Hornby High School, Christchurch Boys’ High School, and Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery.
- $630 million for major redevelopments around the country including, $79 million for Western Springs College, $39 million for Wellington East Girls’ College and $9 million for Cambridge High School.
- Additional funding for Public Private Partnerships to deliver 11 schools by 2021.
- Budget 2017
- TOTAL INVESTMENT OVER NEXT FOUR YEARS