Skip to main content
Back to Top
$150 million additional investment for new health facilities to meet the needs of a growing population.
- Supports a number of investments in health facilities and helps district health boards to expand service capacity and replace ageing infrastructure.
$2.39 billion investment in health facilities by the Crown and district health boards around the country.
- $535 million for Christchurch Hospital’s Outpatients and
Acute Services buildings.
- $77 million for the redevelopment of Grey Hospital.
- $53 million to replace the acute mental health facility at
- $22 million for urgent works in Dunedin, including replacing the intensive care unit/high dependency unit, endoscopy suite and an audiology facility.
- $14 million for a new 15 bed unit at the Mason Clinic to support
forensic mental health needs.
- Budget 2017
- TOTAL INVESTMENT OVER NEXT FOUR YEARS