Skip to main content
Back to Top
$120 million investment for Housing in Budget 2017.
- $100 million for the Vacant or Underutilised Crown Land programme, to extend the current programme which is in the process of unlocking land for 1,500 houses in Auckland.
- $20 million to support more people into Emergency Housing.
Over the next four years an investment of more than $2.72 billion for Housing, this includes:
- The first phase of the Auckland Housing Programme. The full
Crown Building Project will deliver 34,000 homes in Auckland over
the next 10 years.
Update on the Housing Infrastructure Fund
- Applications by local councils for the Housing Infrastructure Fund are currently being considered and initial decisions will be made in the next two months.
- The Housing Infrastructure Fund is part of the Government’s comprehensive plan to grow additional housing supply. To date we have been successful in more than doubling the house build rate from 15,000 to more than 30,000 a year.
- Budget 2017
- TOTAL INVESTMENT OVER THE NEXT FOUR YEARS