Budget 2017 will invest:
- $812 million to reinstate State Highway 1 between Picton and Christchurch following the Kaikōura earthquakes.
$9.17 billion over the next four years to deliver key roading projects around the country.
Critical investment in the roading networks of our cities includes:
- The completion of Auckland’s Western Ring Route.
- The Northern and Southern Corridor State Highway 1 improvements in Auckland.
- The East-West Link in Auckland.
- The Huntly and Hamilton sections of the Waikato Expressway.
- The State Highway 1 Peka Peka to Ōtaki Expressway.
- The Northern Arterial and the Southern Motorway Extension in Christchurch.
- The Transmission Gully and Pūhoi to Warkworth Public Private Partnerships.
Key regional projects include:
- The Whirokino trestle bridge replacement in Manawatu-Whanganui.
- The Mt Messenger-Awakino Gorge corridor in Taranaki.
- The Motu Bridge replacement in Gisborne.
- 540 new lane kilometres of State Highways, Dual Carriageways and Motorways over the next four years.
Funding sources for investment in State Highways – Four Year Total
|National Land Transport Fund||$4.84b|
|Committed Crown Investment||$1.00b|
|Public Private Partnerships||$1.43b|
|NZTA Depreciation Funding and Other||$1.90b|
- Budget 2017
- TOTAL INVESTMENT OVER THE NEXT FOUR YEARS